The Department of Mechanical and Industrial engineering consists of:
1. Mechanical Engineering specialization
2. Industrial Engineering specialization
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department:
The Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department at the Applied
Science University strives to graduate mechanical engineers of the
highest quality through excellence in teaching, applied research, and
professional service. To be an innovative department with exceptional
education standards by which others are measured.
The mission of the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
at ASU is to provide students with a sound mechanical and Industrial
engineering education, advance the understanding and application of
mechanical engineering principles, enhance economic development of the
country and improve the quality of life of our society throughout
teaching and research.
A summary of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department's goals are given below:
Educate students in the application of mathematics, science, and
engineering principles for solving mechanical and Industrial engineering
2. Develop students’ professional skills that enable a successful career.
Develop students’ ability to practice mechanical and Industrial
engineering through design, team work and communication skills.
4. Increase interaction and collaboration of the academic-staff and students with the industry and other educational institutes.
5. Recruit and retain high quality faculty members with interests in the cutting-edge mechanical engineering technology.
Improve the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department’s
infrastructure to facilitate research productivity and participation in
international scientific events.
The number of students enrolled in the engineering program by each year :
Faculty of Engineering