The Faculty of Engineering was founded in September 1992, one year after the establishment of the University. The start was with 170 students enrolled in six majors: Electrical Engineering/ Communications and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Architecture. These majors are accredited by the Higher Education Accreditation Council and by the Ministry of Higher Education in Jordan. In 2012, a new specialization, the Power and Control Engineering, was offered under the Electrical Engineering Department.
The Faculty of Engineering has successfully sustained a continuous and steady growth, as the number of enrolled students is currently over 2000. The number of faculty members has grown from 10 to 72 carefully selected, well qualified, and highly credentialed members. This growth in the number of students and faculty members has been accompanied with a noticeable growth in building space, facilities, and laboratories. The engineering building has an area of 20000 square meters in addition to the engineering workshops building with an area of 4000 square meters, where engineers and technicians provide students with the practical skills needed for the various engineering majors. The Faculty of Engineering hosts the Renewable Energy Center (REC) which is one of the leading research centers in Jordan that monitors the renewable energy systems at ASU and provides the required labs and tools for researchers and students working in this field.
The Faculty of Engineering at Applied Science University will be nationally and internationally recognized for excellence in education, research, collaborative efforts with industry, and community service.
The Faculty of Engineering provides a superior learning experience that produces highly capable engineers. The primary endeavor is to offer a high quality undergraduate education that is relevant to the future careers and lives of its students. The Faculty of Engineering recognizes that faculty and staff are essential in the realization of this mission and seeks to provide a working environment that supports and values these individuals.
The Faculty of Engineering utilizes a personal approach to education that is supportive of students. It incorporates and develops skills in communication, design, mathematics, science, and technology relevant to the student's degree. The programs develop and integrate students' professional and technical skills so that they can confidently enter, succeed, and continue the life-long learning process in their chosen careers.
• Provide programs focusing on the fundamentals of engineering
• Promote the students' capabilities in communications, Ethics, and as a team player.
• Providing researches with high proficiency focusing on the need of the local community.
• Graduates will be ready for solving various engineering problems as they got the required skills.
• Graduates can show their abilities to apply the design principles the scientific, technological, practical and social conditions.
• Graduates will be able to identify their career goals and their plans for future progress in the labor market after acquiring the necessary skills to cope with the ongoing global change around them.
• Department of Electrical: Electrical Engineering/Communications and Computer Engineering, and Power and Control Engineering.
• Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering: Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering.
• Department of Civil Engineering.