The Board of Trustees undertakes the following responsibilities and powers:
1) to draw up the general policy of the university.
2) to approve the annual and strategic plan of the university according to the recommendation of the University Council, follow up implementing it, and assess it.
3) to assess the academic, administrative and financial performance as well as the infrastructure of the university.
4) to appoint the vice-presidents, heads of branches of the university, and deans.
5) to recommend to the Board founding faculties, departments, institutes and scientific centers affiliated with the university in the Kingdom of Jordan.
6) to recommend to the Board creating academic programs and specializations, incorporate them with others, or abolish them.
7) to define study fees received by the university from its students in the different majors by a recommendation from the University Council.
8) to approve the annual budget and the final financial statements of the university and discuss its annual report after approving all these by the University Council.
9) to seek supporting the financial resources of the university and regulate ways of investing them.
10)to accept gifts, grants, wills, etc.
11) to agree on concluding agreements of scientific, technological and cultural cooperation between the university and its counterparts outside the Kingdom of Jordan, provided that the scientific programs and specializations resulting therefrom should meet the specific accreditation, realize conditions, and take into consideration the principles laid down by the Board for agreements that lead to earning the academic degrees.
12)any other issues related to the university and presented by the chairman of the Board of Trustees, which do not lie within the competence of any authority stated in this law and the bylaws enforced in the university.