The Department of Design and Visual communication has been committed to academic standards in its field of specialization, since it was established in 1992 , as a graphic design department with a clear futuristic visions.
The Design and visual communication department, in its graphic design and design for digital media branches, is one of the visual communication channels that are used to deliver a clear visual message to a specific audience, wherein the designer can find a solution for any problem by transferring the message from the manager to the audience.
The design and visual communications department reinforces students with enough competencies to help them discover and develop their skills in creative and special design. By combining traditional practice which is based on handwork and the use of digital technology. This creative journey will take root through an extensive group of projects assigned to them and have connection with visual communication design. In fields such as designing for publishing mediums (books, magazines, and newsletters), marketing (advertising in newspapers, magazines, roads, stickers, brochures and flyers), awareness and mentoring (organizing information and signs), digital technology designing (web, effective technology on networks, mobile applications, Animations, effective digital designing, and so on and so forth), and anything related to life and its style.
At the end of this journey, the student’s visual language will be developed and they will build a clear understanding of the creative industries in the design market in which he or she wishes to work.
The design and visual communication department aims to introduce an academic programs that is distinguished in graphic design and design for digital media, and works on stimulating the creative spirit among students, by providing students with the knowledge and skills that qualify them to become involved in the design market and also in the comprehensive development process.
To graduate a designer who is able to work in the design industry market, fulfil it needs, provide technical advice to institutions and factories that work in the same field, and to establish a link between the designer and the community by solving the problems in design industry market. This is done by honing the creative talents of designers to prepare leaders in the interior design field.
To produce a creative designer and a specialist thinker who can handle graphic design needs and digital technology design, by introducing high quality educational programs whish raise to the international standers and cover the local community needs.
• To support students with skills and competencies that make them able to produce creative and distinct designs. These designs reflect their connection with the environment and its elements.
• To work within a scientific strategy to improve the reality of design and visual communication education.
• To achieve an educational environment that stimulates students to practice scientific research by developing the knowledge and competencies of teaching members in the department.
• To prepare teaching plans that suit market needs to ensure the continuous development of teaching styles, and updating them to ensure and realize outputs that are compatible with the local and international markets.
• To hold conferences, seminars and specialized scientific workshops and harness the benefits of the technology related to interior design specialization.
To strengthen the student’s relation with her/his college and department throughout his university life and after graduation. By integrating them with curricular and extracurricular activities within the college’s creative environment, to hone their talents and embed the competition spirit for the purpose of encouraging them to persevere, work hard, and develop themselves.