Masters Program in Audio-Visual and Mass Media Translation:
This program is the first of its kind in the field of translation in the Kingdom where the student is granted a master's degree after passing 33 credit hours, according to the instructions of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
The Goal of the Program:
Based on the vision and mission of the Applied Science Private University and its general objectives, the English Language and Translation Department aspires, through offering this program, to achieve the following goals:
1. Actively contributing to training students to deal with one of the most contemporary and growing fields of translation that abounds in theoretical and practical research opportunities in broad sectors.
2. Enriching an essential aspect of the labour market in the areas of movie translation, dubbing, voice recognition, voice description, and linking audio conversations.
3. This program helps in mastering the technical and practical skills needed in the field of translation of films, documentaries, dubbing and voiceover for people with hearing and vision impairment.
4. Gaining knowledge of modern specialized software and skills related to transmitting cultural and social connotations.
5. Enhancing students' skills in simultaneous and sequential translation in conferences, press interviews, and in-depth study of various literary and artistic texts that may be covered by social media.
Laboratories and Support Services:
Students in the program use several specialized facilities, such as an interpreting laboratory, and a multimedia lab that contains advanced software in the field of visual and audio translation.
The Entities the Student Can Work WithAfter Completing the Program:
After completing the requirements of this program, graduates can work on:
1. Spaces for visual and audio media, in various fields of media, satellite channels, and technical production companies.
2. Continue the research process to obtain a PhD and work in the field of university teaching.
3. Global organizations.
4. Free translation.