1. Specific goals for the course
a. Course outcomes:
After completion of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- 1. Examine various electronic devices along with their characteristics and applications.
- 2. Analyze and design diode rectifiers and diode shaping circuits.
- 3. Analyze and design BJT, JFET, and multistage amplifiers.
- 4. Analyze and design differential and op-amp amplifiers.
- 5. Analyze and design feedback circuits.
b. The following student outcomes are addressed by the course:
SO-(b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
SO-(d) an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
SO-(g) an ability to communicate effectively.
SO-(k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
2. Brief list of topics to be covered
- 1. Diode characteristics and wave shaping circuits.
- 2. Diode rectification.
- 3. BJT characteristics.
- 4. BJT amplifiers.
- 5. JFET characteristics and applications.
- 6. JFET amplifiers.
- 7. RC coupled multistage.
- 8. Negative feedback.
- 9. Current Source and differential amplifier.
- 10.Operational amplifie