Career Guidance and Alumni Office - King Abdullah II Fund for Development Overview
The Career Guidance and Alumni Office at the Applied Science Private University was established in 2012 as one of the recommendations of the Jordan Youth Forum, which was held under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II Bin Al-Hussein, in which His Majesty emphasized the significance of bridging the gap between Higher Education Institutions and Civil Society by establishing career guidance offices at public and private Jordanian universities to connect students with the labour market and to boost the employment prospects of HEIs graduates inside and outside Jordan. Vision and Objectives:
In pursuit of the comprehensive and sustainable development goals of ensuring quality education for all, and in response to the increasingly competitive labour market which requires future graduates to acquire more than the academic degrees. Accordingly, the Career Guidance and Alumni Office at ASU was founded with a clear objective of providing counseling services to students, In pursuit of the comprehensive and sustainable development goals of ensuring and enhancing quality education opportunities for all and contributing to improving the quality and outputs of higher education in Jordan, the University of Applied Sciences / Career Guidance Unit and the follow-up of graduates to build bridges of communication as well as offering them meaningful training and internship opportunities closely connected to the market needs. The office also adopts different strategies to link graduates with the civil society institutions, through organizing workshops and training programs in various fields of knowledge to provide students with different scientific and work skills to graduate a new generation of technically qualified and well-educated graduates, which makes the ASUer a distinguished graduate who combines theoretical knowledge and professional skills.Services offered by the Career Guidance and Alumni Office at ASU:
• Developing an effective and up to date alumni database through online information update forms.
• Strengthening the relationship and communication between the university and the graduates.
• Keeping the graduate informed about the job opportunities provided by different companies and institutions through office announcements
• Organizing Job or career fairs and hosting on-campus speaking events to connect students with stakeholders, mentors and job employers.
• Developing students’ abilities through holding regular and free training courses in cooperation with the professional public and private sectors.
• Organizing “Distinguished Graduate Day”, in which undergraduate students are linked with outstanding graduates who have set themselves apart by making extraordinarily significant success in their career path, where they can exchange good practices and success stories.Activities, achievements and partnerships during the academic year 2018/2019:
• Support networking and providing the link among alumni and professional Sectors by organizing the Job fair day, which was held in April, 2018 with participation of (77) different stakeholders.
• Memorandum of understanding are signed with different companies to provide qualified students with access to training and internship work experience.
• Updating data for (8300) graduate’s students from the university
• A group of (64) graduates were trained and employed duo to the successful university relations and effective recruiting program.
• Holding several free training courses for students throughout the academic year, which included more than (315) students in the following topics:
Communication skills at workplace.
Artificial and technical Intelligence.
Leadership and Entrepreneurship.
Ethics in the Workplace.
Writing a winning Resume.
Google Digital Skills.
Starting your own Business.