Career Guidance and Alumni Office's main achievements for the academic year 2020-2021:
· The Office contacted the alumni of the semesters 20191, 20192 and 20193 via e-mail, stored their data, briefed them on ASU's accomplishments, and updated percentages of those employed.
· The Office organized 24 free training courses for students and alumni in the academic year 2020-2021:
1- 16 free online courses for students and alumni during the 1st semester, serving 673 participants
2- 7 free online courses for students and alumni during the 1st semester, serving 410 participants
3- 9 free online courses for students and alumni during the 1st semester, serving 402 participants
The total number amounted to 1,485 participants.
Courses of the 1st semester in the academic year 2020-2021
Election Law Orientation
Construction Engineering Design
Basic Life Support
Introduction to Flutter and Mobile Apps Development
Writing Scientific Papers
Critical Evaluation of Study designs
Introduction to Cyber Security
Introduction to Cloud Computing
Quality System Applications
3D Printer and Can Machines
Student Guide Workshop
Total number of participants: 673
|Courses of the 2nd semester in the academic year 2020-2021|
Autodesk Fusion 360
Curriculum Vitae and Job Interview Skills
Critical Reading and Listening during Pharmacy Study
Coaching and team building
Total number of participants: 410
|Courses of the summer semester in the academic year 2020-2021|
Typing in Arabic and English
Technical Intelligence – with INJAZ organization
Adobe XD for Apps Interfaces
Jordanian Bar Association Legislation/Code of Ethics workshop
Job Application and Interview Skills
EGG Analysis and Interpretation
How to Write a CV
Design Profession Ethical Behaviors
Golden Rules for Speeches and Preaches
Total number of participants: 402
· A training workshop was presented to new students on ASU's specializations and the Office services. It was introduced by the Dean of Students Affairs.
· The Office contacted several businesses for the purpose of offering the alumni employment and training opportunities, which were posted on ASU's website.
ASU's alumni employment and training opportunities:
ASU's Career Guidance and Alumni Office hunts for the most appropriate jobs for ASU's alumni, by means of contacting businesses of different sectors and nominating alumni according to their specializations.
In cooperation with the Human Resources Department, the Office secured a number of jobs in the academic year 2020-2021.
- The Office sent the alumni's data to employment and training firms.
- The Office contacted numerous companies for employment and training purposes.
· The Office signed 18 agreements for employment and training purposes.
· The Office contacted 9,000 ASU's alumni and updated their data.
· The Office contributed to the employment and training of 20 students.
· In cooperation with the Public Relations Department, the Office produced a video of the alumni employed by ASU or other prominent places. The “ASU Brings Us Together" clip was aimed at supporting the alumni and boosting their relation to ASU.
· Among the achievements are career guidance sessions:
- Online individual sessions, requested by students via Opportunities website – King Abdullah II Fund for Development
- A collective steering session titled: Curriculum Vitae and Job Interview Skills