ASU ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all, to promote renewable energy and increase energy efficiency.
- ASU Environmental Studies and Renewable Energy Center established in 1996 for research issues of our academic staff and students, and to follow up the new technology in energy field, especially renewable energy which it's now capture the attention of all countries. The center Vision is to develop Energy Projects and help Researches to enhance the quality of energy research in the energy sector. While the mission is to carry out high-quality project technical support, research assistance and training in the renewable energy field in the university.
In 2013 ASU installed the PV project in two separated systems:
- Photovoltaic System of 500 kWp Grid connected installed on Engineering roof, library roof, and activity building roof.
- Test Field system of 58 kWp Grid connected.
Then in 2015 as the first university in Jordan, ASU installed the Weather Station to give useful data for persons who are interested in studying the weather parameters (temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction,.), this data upload and update automatically in the formal website of the university.
In addition to our PV projects and researches, ASU expanded and opened the opportunities of practical training for our students and others from other universities. also, as a future plan, ASU will hold many training courses in renewable energy and PV systems, and build a partnership with many leading institutions in energy field.
Reference : https://www.asu.edu.jo/en/ASU-Center/CESRE/Pages/About.aspx
It is a global competition organized by the Make Impact Consortium (MIC), which is led by the American University of MIT, the number one university in the world.
The theme of this year's competition is to design solutions that achieve sustainable development in the areas of providing clean water sources, providing environmentally friendly energy sources, and rationalizing consumption of natural resources.
The first stage, Making Innovators: The student participates in training courses on the topics of innovation, entrepreneurship, and the basics of design and product manufacturing, and concludes with the participant presenting ideas for solutions related to sustainable development. These courses are presented by specialized experts in this field from MIT University.
- Participants who complete this stage will receive certificates of participation from the MIC Federation.
- Qualifiers will be held at the end of this stage.
The second stage: Innovators Making: In which the students who qualify from the first stage participate in the competition for the best initial design, presenting solutions with a detailed design for the product they propose.