This department deals with the courses that include practical
applications of the pregnant mother in the different stages of
pregnancy, as well as nursing care for a newborn and children at
different stages of growth. The students apply the different roles of
parent and family education regarding methods of contraception and how
to care for newborns. The students learn methods of disease prevention
and high risk child & mother as well as considering physical,
psychological and social status to provide comprehensive care.
1. Provide comprehensive health care for mothers and children in different community settings.
2. Provide consultations and health awareness for mothers and children through the provision of nursing care.
3. Develop the students’ skills to deal with the chronic
diseases and the critical cases with respect to caring of mothers and
4. Use the methods of care that lead to promote and maintain the health of the mother and the child.
5. Maintain updating with the developmentsin the care of mother and child.
6. Get use of the scientific research findings in the area of mother and child care.