Faculty of Nursing (FoN) at the Applied Science Private University (ASU) is located in Northern Province in Amman (the capital of Jordan). The FoN was first established as a department in the Faculty of Medical Sciences in 1992. In 2006, it became a separate faculty in the ASU. In 2013, the FoN established a clinical master program which was the first accredited nursing program among all other private universities in Jordan.
The FoN offers unique and best learning opportunities for national, regional and international students, aiming to enrich students with the updated knowledge and nursing skills in accordance with international standards and research based evidences. The FoN have distinguished learning rooms, equipped with the latest learning devices and internet access, which provide the student with finest learning environment and scientific databases that lead to guarantee the quality of education and scientific research. Moreover, the training laboratories are well-equipped and established according to modern and advanced training set up.
The FoN have three administrative departments: Clinical Nursing, Maternal and Child Health Nursing and Community Health Nursing. The members of FoN at ASU were graduated from a high esteemed international universities in United States, United Kingdom and Jordan. Further, they have a significant contributions to the local community and a vital role in producing scientific researches.
In 2018, FoN got a national certificate of quality assurance - sliver level issued by the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Commission for Higher Education Institutions (AQACHEI), which is the highest obtained rank compared to all private faculty of nursing in Jordan. The FoN obtained a candidacy approval by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) on 16th of May, 2019
The philosophy of the FoN was established according to the University philosophy that includes university mission to provide the best learning, teaching and researches opportunities for both the students and the academics to accommodate the global standards. The curriculum is developed to provide distinguished learning opportunities at baccalaureate level based on up- to- date teaching programs, scientific references and evidence-based practice. This program enables the graduates to provide a comprehensive health care to individuals, families and communities in both wellness and illness. The graduates are expected to take decisions related to nursing care using critical thinking and problem –solving techniques during implementing health care.
Faculty of Nursing Objectives
1. Excellence in scientific research, creativity projects and academic scholarship.
2. Develop the study plan for students to be consistent with the Standards and Accreditation.
3. Be effective participants in local community services.
Faculty End-of-Program Students Outcomes (EPSLOs) are:
- EPSLO1: Demonstrate the role of Competent Nurse in providing quality nursing care for individuals, families and groups
- EPSLO 2: Integrate updated knowledge and findings of scientific research in the application of evidence based practice
- EPSLO 3: Connect effective professional communication skills and attitudes with individuals, families, groups and health care providers.
- EPSLO 4: Demonstrate the leadership roles in various health care settings.
- EPSLO 5: Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills while providing care for individuals, families and groups.
- EPSLO 6: Prioritize safety measures and risk management plans to improve the quality of care.
- EPSLO 7: Outline population focused care incorporating concepts of global health perspectives, health promotion, restoration, maintenance and disease and injury prevention
- EPSLO 8: Provide cost-effective care incorporating concepts of health economic issues.