Mathematics department :
Mathematics is a necessary discipline. It includes many fields, and mathematics is known to be the science of studying abstract structures using logic, mathematical proofs, and mathematical notation. It is the backbone of most modern science that has contributed to the development of humanity over the past centuries, especially in chemistry, physics, and engineering.
The study plans have been prepared to link mathematics with applied sciences and technology so that students can benefit from the field of work with what they have learned during the study. The specialization also contains courses to keep pace with modern scientific developments. The mathematics specialization aims to provide the student with knowledge in mathematics, whether from the theoretical or practical side to work in the fields of the private and government sectors, and to provide the Jordanian, Arab and international market with technically trained competencies in various sports fields to serve different institutions Such as general statistics, companies, and banks.
What defines specialization and its plan:
The Applied Science Private University has endeavoured to prepare a modern and advanced educational environment for all stages of the Bachelor's degree in Mathematics. Study plans have been developed to link mathematics with applied sciences and technology so that the student can benefit in the field of work with what he learned during the study. The specialization also contains courses that are in line with modern scientific developments in addition to the presence of the applied side in the field training and seminar subjects.
What encourages the student to study this major:
The need of the Jordanian, Arab and international market with highly qualified competencies in various sports fields to serve different institutions. In addition to the labour market need for mathematics specialization based on the statistics of the Civil Service Bureau, which indicates a shortage of male teachers in the mathematics specialization.
The aim of teaching this major:
Based on the vision and mission of the Applied Science Private University and its general objectives, the Department of Mathematics aims to achieve a set of goals, including:
1. The mathematics specialization aims to provide the student with knowledge in mathematics, whether from the theoretical or practical side to work in the fields of the private and governmental sectors by providing a distinguished education that is pioneering in Jordan and the region, making it distinguished locally, regionally and internationally.
2. Providing the Jordanian, Arab and international market with qualified technicians in the various sports fields to serve different institutions such as general statistics companies and companies. Banks.
3. Provide students with basic knowledge and enable them to acquire the necessary skills and provide them with the required expertise to work in the field of teaching in various educational institutions.
4. Preparing students with a scientific preparation that allows them to pursue postgraduate studies and scientific research in the various mathematical sciences and their applications.
5. Constructive scientific communication with the corresponding universities at the local, regional and global levels in order to exchange scientific and teaching experiences.
6. Supporting the University's scientific specializations from the Faculties of Engineering, Pharmacy, Information Technology and Nursing with the materials it needs from the Department of Mathematics.
7. Helping to reduce the unemployment problem among young people to support development projects to build the country economically, socially and politically.
The institutions in which the student can work after graduating from this major:
1. Schools and educational institutions.
2. General statistics.
3. Research centres.
5. Companies and financial institutions.