- 1/5/4/1 As of the second semester 2008/2009, all students admitted to the university take a placement test in English, Arabic, and Computer.
- 5/4/2/2 All students must take the placement test in the subjects of Arabic language, English language, computer skills, within a maximum time of one year from the date of their registration at the university.
- 1/5/4/3 The student who failed in the placement exams for the aforementioned subjects can re-apply to the exams in which he failed only once, within a maximum period of two years from the date of his registration at the university.
- 1/5/4/4 The student is considered an objector if he does not comply with the deadline set for taking any of the placement exams, and he deserves to fail the exam.
- 1/5/4/5 The student who failed in the placement exams for the aforementioned subjects must study a remedial subject (99).
- 1/5/4/6 The successful student studies in the examinations of the English language subject (1401120), the Arabic language course (1401110) and the appropriate computer skills subject according to the plan.
7/4/1/7 The placement examination shall take place during the first week of the first and second semesters of each academic year.
Explain the mechanism upon which the calculation of the placement exams depends on the student: (for students enrolled from the first semester 2016-2017 to the end of the summer semester 2018-2019)
- By the end of the first academic year (one year before the student's registration at the university), the student's case will be one of four cases (successful, first attempt failed, two attempts failed, he did not take the exam).
- With the beginning of the second academic year (one year after the registration of the student at the university), the case of all those who were in the last case (did not take the exam) becomes the second case (one time drop).
- With the beginning of the third year (two years after the registration of the student), the second case (one-time deposit) is transferred to the third (one-time deposit), and this means that all students will be one of two (successful, failing twice)
- With the beginning of the third year, the student is prevented from registering and he must register the required remedial materials, even if the student applied twice and failed in them.
As of the academic year 2019-2020
New students are required to register Arabic and English placement tests and computer skills during the first academic year, in the first, second or summer semester, and he is not allowed to register materials for the second academic year without applying for these tests or for those who have exhausted their right to take these tests.
- If a student fails one of these tests, he is entitled to repeat the test during his first academic year at the university and for one time only in the first, second or summer semester.
- If the student has exhausted his right to pass the tests, whether by failing or not registering the test during the first academic year, the student shall compulsorily register the subjects during the second academic year, as follows:
- In the event that the student does not pass the test successfully or does not record it for three placement tests, the student is required, as a minimum, to register two subjects during the first semester of the second academic year and one during the second semester.
- In the event that the student does not pass the test successfully or fails to register him for two placement tests, the student is required, as a minimum, to register a subject during the first semester and a course during the second semester of the second academic year.
- If the student does not pass the test successfully or does not record it for a placement test, the student is obliged to register a course during the first semester of the second academic year.