Mr. Ma'en Qtaishat
Head of Department
Office of Tenders and Purchases
The Office of Tenders and Purchases is an essential and
integral part of other offices of the university . It is impossible for
any establishment or institution to attain the highest degree of success
without the success of the management of tenders and purchases in it .
This does not mean that all offices of tenders and purchases in all
enterprises or establishments have the same importance and effect , but
this varies clearly from one enterprise or establishment to another .
The office's success in related to the size of the enterprise , its
goals , the surrounding economic conditions, and the ways in which the
enterprise operates .
Mission of the Office of Tenders and Purchases
- Receiving applications of purchases from the university faculties and offices.
- Preparing bids of tenders to embark on purchasing.
- Observing and auditing decisions of settlement of tenders
and technical recommendation in terms of selecting the price, country of
origin , delivery period, item name, kind of unit , number of units.
Discussing the demanding direction in the clause on which there are
questions by the recommendation of the head of department.
- Preparing orders of purchase and following up receiving the items from the bidding company.
- Matching the received items and bills of the companies together with the purchase orders issued by the office.
- Following up all issues of bails presented by companies in coordination with the Financial Office .
- Collective work in the spirit of a team .
- Faithfulness, truth, loyalty and commitment.
- Planning , continuous development, and facing up to problems before they happen .
- Transparency and justice in work .
- Honoring laws and enabling and controlling the workers' powers for realizing public interest.
- Following up and satisfying the purchaser according to available potentials and standing laws.
- The traditional
explanation of the goal of purchasing is purchasing suitable quantities
which have suitable quality and suitable price, from suitable importing
sources, and at the suitable time. This seems a logical explanation. We
may summarize the goals of the Office of Tenders and Purchases as
- Supporting all kinds of activities in the university by securing the continuous inflow of purchases.
- Purchasing on the basis of competition . Here, one follows the
forces of supply and demand which determine prices and the available
quantities of the needed goods which affect prices. However, sound
purchasing requires continuous search which results in gathering
information about the price , the quality and the service. It is
difficult for the purchaser who plunges in the world of competition to
stand on equal footing with his competitors if he pays a higher price .
On the other hand , the purchaser who purchases an expensive commodity
while he can replace it with one of a lower price is not doing sound
- Withholding the invested money in store for a short time, and
assessing the possibility of loss which the stored money may face such
as long-standing storage , erosion , robbery, etc.
- Arriving at the most appropriate importing source . This is one of
the most important goals , especially if the other offices think that
purchasing implies paying large sums to an importing source .
- Developing public relations with importing sources. Under close
relations , many obstacles which must emerge between the purchaser and
the importer can be overcome. Under strong relations between the two
parties , the importer provides the purchaser with considerable useful
information about new commodities and offers the best services to his
- Realizing clear integration between the Office of Tenders and
Purchases and the university faculties and offices. This means
presenting all information gathered from importers to faculties and
offices to study them. This includes understanding the needs of
deanships and offices which are translated to external importers . The
Office of Tenders and Purchases is , therefore , the information center
for the requirements of the teaching process.
Ground Tel.No. : 5609999, Ext.: 1119
P.O. Box 11931 Amman