The department council comprises all Faculty members within the academic department and is chaired by the Department Head. The Department Council meets twice a month or whenever needed.
The Department Council is responsible for the following:
- Discussing and approving department plans for teaching, scientific research and community services.
- Approving new courses/ programs and recommending them to the Faculty council.
- Reviewing and approving suggested textbooks by Faculty members.
- Reviewing and submitting nominations of applications for new Faculty members and teaching assistants to the Faculty council.
- Approving Faculty course loads, lectures and field training sessions for individual Faculty members and other teaching staff in accordance with the University regulations.
- Reviewing assessment results, and recommending appropriate changes and modification in the study plan, course content and teaching/learning strategies.