Renewable Energy Center site
Applied Science Private University Renewable Energy Center was established in 1996 for research purposes that carried out by the university's academic staff and students, and also to follow up the new technology in energy field especially renewable energy which it's now capture the attention of all countries all around the world.
In 2013 the university has established the first commercial scale PV system which consiste of:
1. On grid 500 kw which covers the top of the faculty of Engineering building, student affairs deanship building and the library building
2-Test Field system of 58 kWp Grid connected for research purposes
Then in 2015 as the first university in Jordan, ASU has installed the Weather Station in order to provide students and researcher with precise climatic data including temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and solar irradiance. Data also is accessible by local community and public throughout the university website.
Furthermore, to our PV projects and researches the center offers engineering training opportunities for g students from ASU and others Jordanian universities. Additionally, the center provides training courses in renewable energy e.g. PV systems, and build a partnership with many leading institutions in energy field.
Our Vision is to develop Energy Projects and help Researches to enhance the quality of energy research in the energy sector.
Our mission is to carry out high quality project technical support, research assistance and training in the renewable energy field in the university.
- Maintaining the productivity of the university's solar energy system and working to maintain it.
- Training students to design monitor and maintain solar energy systems and increase their efficiency.
- Helping students with projects related to renewable energy.
- Supporting scientific research in the field of renewable energy.
- Work to coordinate lectures, courses and field visits in the field of energy.