• R. S. Shatnawi, S. M. Alayyash, C. R. Cratchley and J. A. Kay, (2008) Water resources management for rain-fed agriculture in the north-east Badia, Jordan" in “Jordan’s Badia – Deepining our Understanding” Eds: R. Dutton and M. Shahbaz, UK
• AlAyyash S., F. Nnadi and R. S. Shatnawi, (2008)“A surface water management tool for arid lands using GIS – a Jordan Badia case study” in “Jordan’s Badia – Deepining our Understanding” Eds: R. Dutton and M. Shahbaz, UK.
• AlAyyash S.M., R. Shatnawi, and R. Al-Tabini, (2005), "Reclaimed Water Reuse in Jordan – The Bedouin Experience in Wadi Mousa", Proceedings of Promoting Community-driven Conservation and Sustainable Use of Dryland Agrobiodiversity Conference, Aleppo, Syria, April 18-21.
• AlAyyash S.M., R. Shatnawi, and A. Al-Kharabsheh (2004), “Rainwater Harvesting in the Northern Badia of Jordan”, Proceedings of Water Crises Management in Arid regions Workshop, Balqa’ Applied University, Salt, Jordan, Dec 15-16.
• Shatnawi, R. S. (2003), “Long Term Forecasts of Water Availability as an Aid to Improved Agricultural Water Management in Northeast Badia, Jordan”, Proceedings, Second International Conference on Wadi Hydrology, Amman, Jordan, July 1-4.
• Shatnawi, R. S. (2002), “An evaluation of surface water resources of Marab Hassasn in the north-east Badia of Jordan” Ph.D. thesis, University of Wales, Bangor, UK.
• Shatnawi, R. S., Kay J. A. and C. R. Cratchley, (in press), “The Influence of Global Climatic Phenomena on Rainfall in Jordan”.