The Department of English Language and Translation At the Applied Science Private University is organizing the "Young Translator Contest 2019 "
for Grade 10th, 11th, 12th
1. Opening Ceremony (Sat., November 2nd 2019/10-10:30 am)
2. Translation contest (Sat., November 2nd 2019/ 11-1)
3. Training Session for Supervisors (Sat., November 2nd 2019/ 11-12:45)
4. Prize Award Ceremony (Thurs., November 7th 2019/ 11-1)
- To inspire students to be creative translators through giving them the opportunity to participate in such activities.
- To promote excellence in translating from English into Arabic and vice versa.
|Thursday, October 17th , 2019 |
Date of Contest
|Saturday-November 2nd , 2019|
First 200 Applicants
Grade 10th ,11th , 12th
|-The University Gym Hall (Building 6)|
-The University Conference Palace
General Issues: (Scientific, literary and economic)
*English to Arabic and vice versa.
- - Coherence and cohesion
- Accuracy of translation.
- Ability to write correctly (grammar and choice of expressions).
- Creativity of translation solutions.
First Prize: Trophy + scholarship
Second Prize: Trophy + scholarship
Third Prize: Trophy + scholarship
Shields for schools and institutions
- All participants and supervisors will receive certificates of participation
Each translation will be assessed by a panel of professional professors of translation.
• Students shall submit the registration form before the stated deadline.
• Students shall be allowed to use dictionaries (off-line).
• Mobile phones or iPads shall not permitted during the test.
to Apply for the contest click here
For Further information contact Dr. Hadeel Al Saed
Mobile No: 0795184331