The Student Council reflects positive student involvement in any tertiary institution since it confronts the challenges that students may encounter during their university life. The Council realizes its objectives through supporting scientific, cultural, and social and sports activities, promoting cooperation, team work and community service, developing democratic practices, dialogue and respect for the other, following up student issues and increasing their awareness of their duties, preserving their achievements and coordinating with the University administration to solve student problems.
The foundation of interaction between the Council and students is based upon developing a mature personality and awareness of pan-Arab and pan-Islamic issues and enhancing the sense of belonging to the homeland, the nation and the University while upholding the values of Arab and Islamic civilization and heritage. The Council also seeks to provide opportunities for positive interaction between students, colleges and the University administration and to support the University’s academic, social and cultural activities.
The Dean of Student Affairs announced on Thursday December 1, 2011 the results of the Student Council’s elections held on that date and he emphasized that the elections were fair and free of any interventions which was noticed and reiterated by faculty and student members of the election committee. He also emphasized the role of the student council of representing all the students of the University in various University committees and the responsibility of bringing student issues to the forefront and presenting them to the appropriate University authority.
The results of the eighteenth student council elections were as follows:
· The seventeen seats for the Faulty of Economics and Administrative Science won by:
3. Mohammad Omar Abu Kishek
6. Saif Mohammad Abu Zenad
8. Khalid Mohammad AlDeek
12. Mohammad OwniAlSaddawi
13. Mosab Ibrahim Abu hajla
15. Islam Mohammad TaamatAlla
17. Ashraf HatemHalooh
· Two seats for the Faculty of Arts and Humanities won by:
· Ten seats for the Faculty of Engineering won by:
5. Jalal Mohammad Al Masri
6. Mohammad Ibrahim Fatafta
10. FadiAhemd Al Deja
· Four seats for the Faculty of Pharmacy won by:
1. Mahmoud Hussain Ismail
3. Amer Mohammad Abdelgani
· Three seats for the Faculty of Information Technology won by:
2. Mojahed Mohammad Abu Abda
3. Omar Abdellatif Ateyia
· Three seats for the Faculty of Arts and Design won by:
1. Said Basam Abu Thahera
3. Noraldeen Mohammad Alayoubi
· One seat for the Faculty of Nursing won by:
1. MarwaMohammad Salah
· One seat for the Faculty of Law won by:
1. Mustafa SuliemanBadran
The election for the executive committee was held on Thursday December 9, 2010 and supervised by the Vice President, Professor Esam Abu Saleem, and the Dean of Academic Affairs, Professor Nasser Abdellatif. The results are as follows:
1. Council President: Mohammad Omar Abu Kishek
2. Vice President: Mojahed Mohammad Abu Abda
3. Secretary: HashemMohmoudKanan
4. Treasurer: Omar MazenAbdelkareem
5. Chair of the finance committee: Saif Mohammad Abu Zenad
6. Chair of the committee of volunteer work: Lina Khalid Qasem
7. Chair of the Public Relations committee: AbrarRamzi Al-Kylani
8. Chair of the Student Issues committee: Mosab Ibrahim Abu Hajla
9. Chair of the Student Activities Committee: Qays Ahmed Nazal
Major accomplishments during the past year
1. The organization and supervision of an inter faculty football tournament.
2. Organized and hosted an Awards Ceremony for students with GPAs of 90 or higher.
3. Organized a visit to the Holy sites in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for student to perform the rituals of Omra with 50 student participants.
4. The organization of new student advising at the beginning of each semester.
5. Organized a competition of reciting the Holy Quran supervised by professors for the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
6. Book exchange program
7. Organized and hosted the Multination Cultural Festival.
8. Organized various trips and visits to tourist attractions in Jordan.
9. Organized and hosted a Best Picture competition and show with the participation of many students and faculty members.
10. Organized an Eftar (breaking of fasting) during the month of Ramadan.