The predecessor of the Faculty of Information Technology was the department of Computer Science and Information Systems, which was part of the College of Science at ASU. That department was established in 1991/1992 academic year.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems was evolved in September 2001 to a full-fledged college called the College of Computer Science and Information Technology. The College of Computer Science and Information Technology was renamed to its current name, Faculty of Information Technology, in 2007/2008 academic year. The total number of students who were enrolled in the department of Computer Science and Information Systems in the year it was established in 1991 was 104 students. The number of faculty members at that time was only four.
Since that time the College has made every effort to evolve and expand its resources including human resources. Now the faculty of Information Technology employees around 60 individuals including 35 faculty members, and enrolls around 800 students.
1. Institutional work.
3. Cooperation and teamwork.
5. Creativity and innovation to reach excellence.
1. Raise the academic quality in the college and strengthen the governance in all aspects of the college.
2. Developing new academic programs.
3. Provide a distinct environment for teaching and learning.
4. Attracting outstanding students.
5. Attracting distinguished teaching staff.
6. Formation and strengthening of research and technical partnerships.
7. Service and development of the local community.